Premiership Fixtures 28 - 29th November Match Day 14
Teams from the English Premier League play in a full mid-week fixture programme from 28 – 29 November. Several of them are looking to improve or consolidate their position in the Premier League. Everton v West Ham is this week’s featured game.
Feature Game: Everton v West Ham United - 29 November 2017 kick off 2000hrs
- Everton plays host to West Ham for the first time this season in this mid-week game. Both teams go into the game looking to turn things around, with David Moyes returning to the club where he made his name.
- At this point in the season, West Ham find themselves in the bottom three places of the Premier League. Their performance so far means that they are in danger of relegation. Having won only two games so far this season, they are looking for their first away win under the new manager, David Moyes. He is looking to turn around the team’s performance when they travel to Everton. A win could take them out of the relegation zone.
- Everton have only won three matches so far this season and find themselves just two places off the relegation zone. Everton’s caretaker manager, David Unsworth is looking to turn around the team’s fortunes. A win at West Ham would help. Unsworth will be without Oumar Niasse. Following the draw at Crystal Palace, Niasse was found guilty by the FA for diving during the match. Because of this, it means that he will miss the game at West Ham.
Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur - 28 November 2017 kick off 1945hrs
- Fifth place Spurs travel to Leicester, who are currently twelfth in the Premier League table. Spurs go into their game having, so far, only won seven games this season. A poor performance from the team at the weekend leaves outside the top four so they will be looking for a win to narrow the gap with the league leaders and possible re-entrance to the coveted top four. For the match against Leicester, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino will be without Toby Alderweireld and Victor Waynama. Both players are not available due to injury.
- Leicester City go into the game having won three matches to date. The last time they played Tottenham they suffered a resounding defeat. The score was 1 – 6 to Tottenham. Manager Claude Puel is only a month into taking charge at Leicester. As a result, his approach to the team has yet to take hold. He is still getting to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players. For the game against Tottenham, Puel will not have access to Matty James and Robert Huth who are out due to injury.
Manchester City v Southampton - 29 November 2017 kick off 2000hrs
- League leaders Manchester City are at home to Southampton who occupy tenth place in the table. Manchester City looks to continue its success at not having lost a game so far. For manager Pep Guardiola, the Premier League title already appears won under his leadership. Going into the match, Guardiola will have key players like David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne to call upon. He will not have defender John Stones or full-back Benjamin Mendy to call on for the game. Both players are out of action because of injuries.
- For Southampton, they have only won four of their games so far this season and will be looking to build on their 4 -1 Win over Everton at the weekend. For new manager Mauricio Pellegrino, a win would help ease the pressure and consolidate their place in the league table. In such a busy period, Pellegrino can call on a number of players. This will allow him to consider rotating players. Despite this, the risk and pressure is on for Pellegrino to turn the Saints fortunes around.
Tuesday 28th November - kick off 2000hrs (Unless Stated)
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace - Kick off 1945hrs
- Watford v Manchester United
- West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United
Wednesday 29th November - Kick off 1945hrs (Unless Stated)
- Arsenal v Huddersfield Town
- AFC Bournemouth v Burnley
- Chelsea v Swansea City
- Stoke City v Liverpool - Kick off 2000hrs