How to Create a William Hill Account. Step-by-Step Guide.
- Go to William Hill website: After reading a William Hill Sportsbook review punters will generally register for sports betting account with William Hill, the first step is to visit their website and click on the link marked ‘Join Now’.
- Fill in your personal details: Next, you will be taken to an online form which you’ll need to complete fully. The information requested is vital for security purposes and will include: your full name and details that can be used to contact you, this will be a current and valid email address to use for your new account.
- Confirm Legal Age: Anyone opening a William Hill account has to be over 18, so you will need to provide your date of birth.
- Create Username: Then you have to create a username which is unique to you. This must contain only the following: hyphen symbols, underscore, numbers and letters. Along with a username, you will need a password that enables you to access the account.
- Select Payment Method: Next, select the deposit limits that you wish to set for yourself. William Hill is committed to ensuring clients gamble responsibly, so you can choose the maximum limit you wish to deposit in a month, week or 24 hour period.
- Select Currency: Select a betting currency – this will, of course, be GBP for UK players. After that, you will have to decide which security question you want for the account and pick an answer to it.
- Double-check the information provided: If there are any issues with the information you supply, you will be notified immediately.
- Click “Create My Account”: The William Hill registration page software verifies your details as you go, and flags up any problem. This allows making the necessary changes prior to clicking on Create My Account.
- Make a Deposit: The registration is complete and you can now make a deposit.
Is It Difficult to Delete Your Account?
Closing a William Hill sports betting account is very simple. First, you need to log in and visit the Account Controls area of the site, this can be found by clicking on the My Account tab. From here you can close the account by clicking Close Account, then confirming your intentions. Alternatively, you can choose to speak to a William Hill customer services representative on 0800 0856 296, you will need to explain that you want to close your account and request that they do so.
The Most Common Issues When Creating or Deleting an Account at William Hill
An essential part of creating an account with William Hill is proving how old you are. If the automated checks they have in place cannot verify your date of birth, then they will ask for additional information.
This will be carried out using a system called Know Your Customer. Until they have evidence of your age, your account will be frozen. You can use a copy of certain documents to prove your age, acceptable forms of proof are; a passport, a driving license, birth certificate, citizen card, signed credit agreement, utility bill or National Identity Card. These can be submitted via Live Chat, by clicking on the paperclip icon and attaching your documents, or emailed to [email protected], or sent as an image by text message to +447841953654.
Deleting an account yourself through the Account Management route is very straightforward, but a Customer Services representative may try to delay your decision. However, if you are persistent they will cancel the account.
What to Do in Case of Login Problems to Your William Hill Account?
The most common login problem that customers experience with a William Hill sports betting account is forgetting either their password or username. If you are affected by this issue, you can click Help, then My Account, then select the tab labelled: ‘I Have Forgotten My Login Details What Should I do?’ From here you will be asked if you need to retrieve your username or receive a temporary password so you can reset your account password. Any correspondence is sent to the email address you used during the registration process. This can take a few minutes and you should check your junk box in case the email is delivered there.
If you encounter login error code ACC01, it means you are trying to access an account which has already been closed. Start by checking you are entering the correct details and the account is your current account. If you’d like to reopen an account, you can contact Customer Services.
Encountering the login code ACC02 means that you are trying to login to an account which has been suspended. If you have not received an email from William Hill telling you that this is the case, check that you have the right login details, that your age verification has been processed, and your bank details are correct.
The ACC03 error code means you are trying to gain access to a part of the site that you are excluded from. You may have chosen to self-exclude or establish an account restriction after speaking to William Hill.
If you have not logged into a dormant account for a long period of time, you may find error code ACC04 pops up when you do. You’ll need to speak to Customer Services to get the account up and running once more.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding William Hill Account
How do I get a free bet?
From time to time, William Hill Bonus codes and promotions emails are dispatched that include free bets. To receive these and stay up to date with all their other offers, you will need to opt in to their marketing emails. Go into your account and check the relevant box to do so.
I want to bet a specific amount on a selection, why can’t I?
If you have reached the maximum wager allowed for a specific event, you cannot bet anymore. The stakes are determined bet by bet, and enhanced odds are often limited in terms of stakes. Therefore, you may be offered a smaller stake than you requested.
What is WHTV?
WHTV is a free service that is available for all William Hill account holders. You can watch the best in sporting events, place bets and access all the latest in-play prices for any market covered. Just log in, then make sure you have a positive account balance and have placed a bet within the last 24 hours.
What are Estimated Returns?
When you receive a betting slip, there will be a figure marked Estimated Return. This is always intended to be a rough guide to what the potential winnings could be if everything on your selection is a winner. This is never a completely accurate figure as it is based on a prediction, rather than the final result.
Why is there an H next to my settled bet?
When you have a match spread bet or handicap, once it is settled, rather than using an L for lost or W for won on your statement, it will feature an H. This shows that it relates to a handicap or match spread wager.
Why has my bet still not been settled?
If the result is already known, an in-play bet can be settled during the event. For all other wagers, confirmation of a win should not take any longer than 30 minutes; however, sometimes it may take slightly longer.
Do I have to declare my winnings for tax purposes?
According to the UK betting tax rules, William Hill can offer customers tax-free betting. However, you should always check if you need to declare your winnings if you are playing from within another country.
How can I be sure that my bet has been accepted?
After placing a bet you will receive what is known as a transaction reference number, this can be taken as confirmation that the wager you placed has been accepted.
Furthermore, when your bet is registered on the system, you will see a change in your account balance and the bet will be noted in your account history. To view it, click on My Account and then select Open Bets. Once you have cashed a bet, it will show up in your settled bets section and state ‘Cashed In’.
What is the minimum and maximum amount I can bet?
With William Hill online sports betting, the minimum bet is 3p for singles and doubles. It is the same for trebles and multiple bets also. For accumulator 4’s it’s 1p and upwards. Maximum stakes are less clearly defined as they are worked out on a per bet basis.